Should I add more DO schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1045452

deleted for privacy

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you a NJ resident? You are a competitive applicant for DO and should hear back from others. Consider adding Touro NY if you’d like to stay in the Northeast.

Reactions: 1 users
Are you a NJ resident? You are a competitive applicant for DO and should hear back from others. Consider adding Touro NY if you’d like to stay in the Northeast.
i am! i was thinking about applying there but i saw that they have poor COMLEX pass rates so i wasn’t sure if it was worth it

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
i am! i was thinking about applying there but i saw that they have poor COMLEX pass rates so i wasn’t sure if it was worth it
From a local perspective, you should receive interest from Rowan and maybe some of the NJ MD schools then. Having shadowing experience with a DO or a LOR from one helps as well for osteopathic schools.

From a local perspective, you should receive interest from Rowan and maybe some of the NJ MD schools then. Having shadowing experience with a DO or a LOR from one helps as well for osteopathic schools.
Sadly, I haven't had any luck with them so far. I don't have shadowing experience with any DO, but I do with an MD. Do you think its worth it at this point to submit an MD LOR? I didn't at first because I thought that the other letters I selected from my classes and research experiences were way stronger rather than a physician that doesn't know me apart from shadowing. Thank you so much for all your advice <3

Sadly, I haven't had any luck with them so far. I don't have shadowing experience with any DO, but I do with an MD. Do you think its worth it at this point to submit an MD LOR? I didn't at first because I thought that the other letters I selected from my classes and research experiences were way stronger rather than a physician that doesn't know me apart from shadowing. Thank you so much for all your advice <3
Lacking a physician letter would hold you back at most DO schools as they require it. Hackensack I believe is one of the few MD schools that likes or requires them as well.