Should I add more schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GlideOB

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I submitted my application in June.
Below are my stats: GPA: 3.86, sGPA: 3.86.
DAT: AA 21, TS 22 nothing below 19, One year dental assist,70 hrs volunteer at a dental clinic.
I applied to:
Buffalo
stony brook
Columbia
Tuft
Temple
UCONN
Touro
LECOM
Rutgers

I am already out at LECOM because one of my English classes was not Writing Intensive, so that left me with 8 schools.
So far I only have three interviews, and I'm feeling kinda insecure. Would it be weird to add more schools to my list at this moment?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't see any harm in it, as long as the financial aspect isn't an issue. But right now you don't have anything to lose except the money for the app!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone, I submitted my application in June.
Below are my stats: GPA: 3.86, sGPA: 3.86.
DAT: AA 21, TS 22 nothing below 19, One year dental assist,70 hrs volunteer at a dental clinic.
I applied to:
Buffalo
stony brook
Columbia
Tuft
Temple
UCONN
Touro
LECOM
Rutgers

I am already out at LECOM because one of my English classes was not Writing Intensive, so that left me with 8 schools.
So far I only have three interviews, and I'm feeling kinda insecure. Would it be weird to add more schools to my list at this moment?
I don't see any downside to it..a few hundred bucks to reduce the risk of being forced to reapply after a whole year?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, add more schools! and while you are waiting you can do more volunteer hours and shadowing hours, no harm in updating them later with more hours.

Best of luck, your stats are beautiful.

Can you explain how Lecom won't consider you? I have taken three English classes, how can they decide it was or wasn't writing intensive?

Reactions: 1 user
I'd add more schools (with lower tuition).

Yeah, add more schools! and while you are waiting you can do more volunteer hours and shadowing hours, no harm in updating them later with more hours.

Best of luck, your stats are beautiful.

Can you explain how Lecom won't consider you? I have taken three English classes, how can they decide it was or wasn't writing intensive?
Well the admission officer contacted me stating that they need two writing intensive English classes, and unless I can provide a syllabus or course description to one of my English classes explicitly showing that the course is Writing Intensive, my prerequisite would not be complete and my application is on hold.

Well the admission officer contacted me stating that they need two writing intensive English classes, and unless I can provide a syllabus or course description to one of my English classes explicitly showing that the course is Writing Intensive, my prerequisite would not be complete and my application is on hold.

It's alright. It's LECOM. There are much better schools out there.