Should I apply in June or August

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dr_Space_man

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a hispanic female who just graduated from college with a less than satisfactory science GPA because of a terrible bout of mono my freshman year and repeated flu my sophomore year (i'm talking like 4-5 times). Anyways, I am taking undergrad upper level science classes this semester, during a maymester and this summer. Is it worth applying in August if my GPA will probably be right around a 3.4 or should I apply in June when It will probably be around a 3.3. Taking the new MCAT too so I can't give any scores yet. I've got tons of experience, shadowing, leadership and community work and I was not a science major I was in the humanities with a double a major both with honors. Thanks any direction would be super helpful.
 
It might serve you well to take some time after college doing some GPA repair and add some time between the bad grades and your application.

What was your trend like? Seems like you had a bad frosh and sophomore year, which is when many people take pre-reqs. If your sGPA was adversely affected here, I'd probably take a few more classes or retake depending on how bad they were.