Should I apply next cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Polls

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
d

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Everything will depend on your MCAT score. There isn’t anyway we can predict your chances without your score. So let us know when you get it back. What state is your permanent residency? URM? Open to DO?

Yeah I feel like everything in terms of applying this cycle rests on the MCAT. As for state, Im in NY. Im not URM, but I had some pretty serious heart surgery that was the reason my first 2 semester GPAs were around 3. Since then Ive recovered with a pretty great upward spike. I am not really open to DO the first application cycle, but if I were to not get in the first go around I would for sure put a few DO schools on the application.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well let us know when you get your MCAT score. In the meantime keep working in your GPAs. Your cGPA is lowish for MD(3.7). So get it up as high as you can. Good luck on the MCAT.

You think you will get a 515 based on what?

Reactions: 1 user
Well let us know when you get your MCAT score. In the meantime keep working in your GPAs. Your cGPA is lowish for MD(3.7). So get it up as high as you can. Good luck on the MCAT.
a 3.7 is not low for MD

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.