• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Should I apply now or later?

Allosteopath

2+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2018
  1. Medical Student
    My application is essentially finished and I am ready to submit. I had intentions of applying soon, but it is finances which are the limiting factor.

Would it be wise to apply to a handful of schools now and just wait until I have the means to apply for the others (by the 15th)? Would this be the best way to start transcript verification?

Also, would it matter if I applied to rolling admissions schools vs deadline? What is the difference?

WoundupKnight

Sep 24, 2018
      The earlier you apply the better. That said, for 90% of DO schools, applying June vs August has no significant difference.

Apply to schools as you can. I’d make a list of secondary costs and then apply to the ones with the cheapest secondaries first.

Rolling admissions schools review apps, send out interview requests and acceptances as apps come in. Deadline everyone’s apps are reviewed and decisions are released on a set day. I don’t know if any DO school that doesn’t do rolling.

Allosteopath

2+ Year Member
      Dec 22, 2018
      1. Medical Student
        The earlier you apply the better. That said, for 90% of DO schools, applying June vs August has no significant difference.

Apply to schools as you can. I’d make a list of secondary costs and then apply to the ones with the cheapest secondaries first.

Rolling admissions schools review apps, send out interview requests and acceptances as apps come in. Deadline everyone’s apps are reviewed and decisions are released on a set day. I don’t know if any DO school that doesn’t do rolling.

That's good advice, I guess I'll apply to schools without secondaries to fill out.

What would be the 10% of DO schools where it matters?

About the Ads
        About the Ads
        This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.