Should I apply now or later?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DustinfromCA

Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I'm currently getting an A in biochem and an A in communications, I was wondering what you guys think.

Should I apply now to UOP and get in the first tier.. or should I wait till the second tier and raise my GPA by around .02? I have everything set already though and I"m worried I might regret not taking advantage of tier 1, but I'm doing really well this session and I was thinking of maybe have it work to my upward trend advantage.

Thanks for your opinions guys.
 
DustinfromCA said:
Hi, I'm currently getting an A in biochem and an A in communications, I was wondering what you guys think.

Should I apply now to UOP and get in the first tier.. or should I wait till the second tier and raise my GPA by around .02? I have everything set already though and I"m worried I might regret not taking advantage of tier 1, but I'm doing really well this session and I was thinking of maybe have it work to my upward trend advantage.

Thanks for your opinions guys.


Unless the 0.02 changes your GPA from a 3.49 to a 3.51 for example (up to the next tenth), don't wait for the second tier. The 0.02 isn't a whole lot, and I only see it making a big impact if it changes the second number because it'll just look better off the bat. Tier 1 should help you a lot.
 
Apply now and update your gpa and grades later on