Should I Apply Now?

Started by triplerox
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

triplerox

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recentl discovered my passion for pharmacy and I was wondering if i should apply now? I'm a rising junior and my gpa is fairly well (3.3). The problem is I have not done any EC's ... should I apply anyway for this year and write a really well essay to express my interest in pharmacy to make up for the lack of EC's? I have experience with talking to a lot of pharmacists since I'm always going to the doctors for prescriptions for acne, fever, etc. and thats how i developed my passion for pharmacy. What do you guys think?
 
A majority of the schools require you to take the PCAT. If you have not taken the PCAT, I would definitely register as soon as possible. I have read many times on this forum that many people are accepted to pharmacy school without having any experience in the pharmacy. Apply now only if you are able to finish all your prereqs by your spring semester 09.
 
Your GPA is pretty good, but have you taken any of the upper level sciences and math that are required by just about every school? You need to look at their pre-req list and see which classes you still need to take and assess if you can get them done in one year plus the summer. I would join some student org on campus, get pharmacy experience and start doing community service.