Should I Apply Now?

Started by Mike1588
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mike1588

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok so I took the June PCAT scored a 73 on it, (only studied for about a week and a half). I have a 3.73 GPA. I just transferred into University of South Carolina (from a CC in NJ) as a junior to finish up some pre-reqs, mainly A&P and physics. Ideally I want to get into USC's program for next fall, and I hear that applying early is key (prob will sometime early September). YET I want to retake the PCAT in October to boost my app.

So if I were to take the PCAT in Oct then would those scores supersede the former if they were better?

Also this is prob a question that I should bring up with the school, but I might as well give it a shot. USC is preferential to their students, if I apply early and don't yet have a full semester under my belt at USC, will they consider me not there student?
 
Your stats are very good. As long as you have completed or will complete all of your prereqs by Spring 09, it would wise to apply early.