Should I apply or just forget it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JDancing22

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
US MD student- mid/lower tier state school
Step 1: 212
Step 2: 250
Honors/high pass everything
A few case reports and posters and one article in process of publication
Did an elective and got a good letter.
I know radiology is competitive, but I've looked at programs such as Texas Tech el paso and Ascension health in michigan have majority IMG for their residents. I understand IMGs with good scores are often considered, but even if I were to apply to lower tier programs would that not really give me a chance? Looking for honest feedback.
 
I think you have a solid file, apply broadly to 100+ programs. I am very confident you will match with those qualifications. The only weak point in your file is step 1, but the rest of your file is very shiny, be confident trust yourself and apply radiology