Should I apply or Wait

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dental1234555

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I took the DAT back in May, and I didn’t get good scores 16AA. I am retaking it on August 20th in my application, I added the old test, and I also added a new test date for the 2nd try. Should I submit my application, or should I wait for the DAT scores first? I am worried that they will process my application based on the first DAT score if I submit it. Thank you guys in advance for the help, and any information or suggestions would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

You should call or email the programs you want to apply to and find out. I don't really have an answer for you

I kind of had the same issues. The schools that liked my application held on to it and I got invites after they received the new scores.

Id call schools and ask. Depending on your re-take, it will give you a better idea of how your application will be as a whole. Its a gamble because if you send in applications and you need to retake then you spent all that $$. Its difficult to give a sure piece of advice, but id see how your prep goes for the second attempt and itll give you a better idea of if you should apply or wait!