WhimsyPREMED
New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, Premeds!
I hope everyone's application cycle is going fantastic and producing the results you want! I need some advice. I know it's too late to apply to MD schools for the 2026-2027 cycle, but I was wondering: do you all think it's worth applying to DO schools, or should I wait for the next cycle? I just got my MCAT score back, and it's competitive for some DO schools, but my GPA isn't the strongest.
Stats / APP Overview
Undergrad cGPA 3.2,sGPA 2.8 ( according to AMCAS but I know AACOMAS includes public health classes so it maybe higher)
MS in Biomedical Science: cGPA 3.45,
MCAT 507
Research: 376 hours ( medical research) & 480 hours (public health - healthy initiative research)
Clinical Volunteering: 332 hours ( hospital + Free clinic)
Other Volunteering: 30 hours (Food drive & Habitat for Humanity)
Biology 101 TA for a semester at the end of my Masters program
Employment: I usually have a job ( Most recent administrative assistant for non-emergency transportation company)
Do you think I should take the risk and apply, or wait until next cycle to improve my chances of getting in by applying early, and work on strengthening my app?
P.S. I do not have a LOR from a doctor pertaining to shadowing. They only pertain to class room work & research.. ( YIKES!)
I hope everyone's application cycle is going fantastic and producing the results you want! I need some advice. I know it's too late to apply to MD schools for the 2026-2027 cycle, but I was wondering: do you all think it's worth applying to DO schools, or should I wait for the next cycle? I just got my MCAT score back, and it's competitive for some DO schools, but my GPA isn't the strongest.
Stats / APP Overview
Undergrad cGPA 3.2,sGPA 2.8 ( according to AMCAS but I know AACOMAS includes public health classes so it maybe higher)
MS in Biomedical Science: cGPA 3.45,
MCAT 507
Research: 376 hours ( medical research) & 480 hours (public health - healthy initiative research)
Clinical Volunteering: 332 hours ( hospital + Free clinic)
Other Volunteering: 30 hours (Food drive & Habitat for Humanity)
Biology 101 TA for a semester at the end of my Masters program
Employment: I usually have a job ( Most recent administrative assistant for non-emergency transportation company)
Do you think I should take the risk and apply, or wait until next cycle to improve my chances of getting in by applying early, and work on strengthening my app?
P.S. I do not have a LOR from a doctor pertaining to shadowing. They only pertain to class room work & research.. ( YIKES!)
Last edited: