Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
Hello everyone!

3.31 cGPA, 3.22 sGPA
Biological Engineering Major
Good on the EC's - A lot of volunteer hours, a lot of leadership, EMT
2 LOR's from MD's

My questions are these:

1. I am currently retaking a class for grade forgiveness (C- in Pchem) and after this semester I know both gpa's will go up because of this. Also, I am starting my engineer design project which will be biomed related. Is it too late to apply early December after the fall semester ends?

2. I am taking the MCAT in October, what kind of score should I be looking at getting?

I'm looking at DO schools and am especially interested in CCOM!
Thanks so much!

AlteredScale

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
May 10, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Hello everyone!

3.31 cGPA, 3.22 sGPA
Biological Engineering Major
Good on the EC's - A lot of volunteer hours, a lot of leadership, EMT
2 LOR's from MD's

My questions are these:

1. I am currently retaking a class for grade forgiveness (C- in Pchem) and after this semester I know both gpa's will go up because of this. Also, I am starting my engineer design project which will be biomed related. Is it too late to apply early December after the fall semester ends?

2. I am taking the MCAT in October, what kind of score should I be looking at getting?

I'm looking at DO schools and am especially interested in CCOM!
Thanks so much!

1) Begin your AACOMAS app right now and apply to a school, the processing time takes the longest so you want to get through that. When you getyour MCAT score and/or complete your project then add additional schools to your primary application.

2) You're looking at an MCAT of 29-30+ if you are interested in CCOM and AZCOM, they seem to be brutal when it comes to inviting those with high stats. I believe anything 27+ will keep you safe for ii's for sure! But always shoot for the stars with this exam.

Best of luck!

mavikedi

5+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
1) Begin your AACOMAS app right now and apply to a school, the processing time takes the longest so you want to get through that. When you getyour MCAT score and/or complete your project then add additional schools to your primary application.

2) You're looking at an MCAT of 29-30+ if you are interested in CCOM and AZCOM, they seem to be brutal when it comes to inviting those with high stats. I believe anything 27+ will keep you safe for ii's for sure! But always shoot for the stars with this exam.

Best of luck!

I never thought of doing that! THANK YOU SO MUCH :)

Reactions: 1 user
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads