Should I apply this cycle...plz help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harkkam

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, Im not really sure if I have a shot at any school this cycle here are my stats.

Overall GPa : 3.25
Science GPa : 3.32

DAT total : 23

150 hours dental shadowing
400 hours peer advising volunteer
200 hours working in Bio Research

I got a C+ in organic chemistry I but an A in Organic Chemistry II.

What do you guys think. Which schools should I try for?

I looked at the ADEA guide and no school has a gpa in my range. :(

Members don't see this ad.

This cycle is closed for new applications for all intents and purposes. When May 15th comes around then apply at once.

With a 23 DAT you should be good ot go. Start apping in MAY its too late this cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes i meant for Fall 2010. Do you think that Im in a okay position? Might I get one acceptance?

All you can do it try ;-) And be confident. I don't like to make decisions just based on stats and say 'yes you will' or 'no you wont'

We all know people who had 24s on the DAT but didn't get in, or those with 17-18 and did get in. Just do everything you can to be as competitive as possible. Maybe some more volunteering or bring that GPA up as much as possible before you apply.

your DAT is solid, and your GPA isn't HORRIBLE. Just apply to a variety of schools (state and private) and prepare well for your interviews.

you will definitely get in somewhere, unless your personal statement or LOR sucks...

and oh yeah, submit your application before June 1st, 2009. Earlier the better!

Guys im looking through the ADEA guide and so many schools require biochemistry. I wasn't aware of this requirement. My pre-health adviser never told me.

That reduces my chances by so much. I have one more semester to take Biochemistry. If I don't take it, I can apply to

1. UOP
2. USC
3. Western University Of Health Sciences
4. Boston University
5. NYU
6. Temple

Thats it. Do you think I should take biochemistry or not. I dont want to because Im re-taking Orgo II as well. I made a mistake earlier saying I got an A in it. I meant to say I am going to take it this semester and hope for an A.

I dont want to take a re-take of Orgo II and Bio chem together.

What should I do?