• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

should I apply this cycle?

Jan 12, 2020
Portland, Oregon
taking the CASPER 6/30 and my MCAT on 7/23, will get my MCAT score back 8/6 and have been pre-writing secondaries and plan to knock out a ton during the 7/23 - 8/6 window.

Is getting my MCAT score back 8/6 too late?

I already submitted my primary to be verified to a throwaway school. Ideally I don't want to submit my primary to schools until after I receive my MCAT (just in case it is bad and don't wanna be considered reapplicant next year), but should I submit to schools before the 7/10 release date just to have my name in the queue and then see how my MCAT goes? Or should I wait till after I get my MCAT on 8/6 to submit my verified primary to schools (if my MCAT is good enough)?

Last edited:
D

deleted981229

Nope, not too late. But do not apply until you have your score.

It's OK to apply without a score to a throwaway school to get verified.

Please spread the word.

If I summit my application now, but decide to discontinue the application due to low MCAT score in August. When I apply next cycle, does it count me as a reapplicant?

About the Ads

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
  1. Non-Student
This cycle is so atypical and delayed that I think that if you are complete before Oct 1 at most schools, there will be no impact from “Lateness” on your chances. I would guess we are going to see at least a good 25% or more of interview invites go out after Thanksgiving well into the new year with interviews running into next March if not a few in April.

getting a good MCAT is much more important than any timing issues

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.