should I apply this cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

valen6

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if I should apply this cycle or not? I am a junior, I transfered from a community college did 2 years there and graduated with a 3.3 gpa from there and when I transfered to a University my gpa went down horribly and I havent been able to pull it up so right now I have a 2.8 gpa. I have a lot of community service hours with different dentists and I attended SMDEP in Seattle last summer, I know that if I attended SMDEP I get some interviews right away in some schools, and I have to take the DAT. My hope is to get good grades this semester and take summer A a lot of classes so that I could pull my gpa a little more and apply. However, I am not sure right now because everyone is telling me that with a 2.8 gpa I wont get in. My other option will be to wait until I graduate next spring and keep working on my GPA and maybe take some extra science classes and apply next year but what will I do after I graduate during the rest of that year?

Please help me! thank you so much!!!

Members don't see this ad.