should i apply this year?

Discussion in 'Re-Applicants [ MD / DO ]' started by semper, Jun 19, 2008.

1. semper

Pre-Medical
    Hi, I need some advice about what i should do this year.

currently, i am waitlisted at a medical school but i don't think there is much movement going on, and i have been accepted into two one year master's programs. I have a 3.3 gpa, 30O mcat, and okay ECs. Last year I had 2 interviews even though I applied late (late september).

Should I apply this year? I already have my application ready, I just need to send it, or should I wait until next year, after I finish my master's program?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. psy

psy Lazy Bum Extraordinaire

Resident [Any Field]
    Oh you are good to go. I applied late as well and have lower stats than that. I got interviews for all the ones I applied and accepted to most of them. Best of luck!

4. MILK07

MILK07 Silence, I kill you!!

Medical Student
    I agree... go ahead and reapply. Just state that you will be completing the masters program and update the schools around December with how your grades are looking. I have similar stats, (3.4, 31Q) and I am waitlisted as well. I have already reapplied. I think you should, too! Good luck!

5. Did you significantly improve your application this year, compared to last year?