1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

should i apply this year?

Discussion in 'Re-Applicants [ MD / DO ]' started by semper, Jun 19, 2008.

1. semper

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hi, I need some advice about what i should do this year.

currently, i am waitlisted at a medical school but i don't think there is much movement going on, and i have been accepted into two one year master's programs. I have a 3.3 gpa, 30O mcat, and okay ECs. Last year I had 2 interviews even though I applied late (late september).

Should I apply this year? I already have my application ready, I just need to send it, or should I wait until next year, after I finish my master's program?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. psy

psy Lazy Bum Extraordinaire
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Oh you are good to go. I applied late as well and have lower stats than that. I got interviews for all the ones I applied and accepted to most of them. Best of luck!

4. MILK07

MILK07 Silence, I kill you!!
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I agree... go ahead and reapply. Just state that you will be completing the masters program and update the schools around December with how your grades are looking. I have similar stats, (3.4, 31Q) and I am waitlisted as well. I have already reapplied. I think you should, too! Good luck!

5. Did you significantly improve your application this year, compared to last year?