Should I apply to University Programs without any Publications on my CV?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

js007

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a DO student with scores of 246 (Step1) and 231 (Step 2). I have a few Psychiatry research experiences and one poster presentation, but NO Publications. Residency Explorer shows that my Publications are below the publication range of matched applicants at these University programs which probably means that every matched candidate in these programs has published.
Does this mean that I have no chance to interview/match at these University Programs and I should not even apply there?

Members don't see this ad.

I’m a DO with no pubs or psych research. Got into an academic program. Nothing impressive but doing just fine. Apply wherever you want and see what happens.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m a DO with no pubs or psych research. Got into an academic program. Nothing impressive but doing just fine. Apply wherever you want and see what happens.

Same. Still don’t have any pubs or even poster presentations but am (mostly) happy with where I’m at in terms of career path and education. I’ll also add I did not have USMLE scores and pretty poor COMLEX scores. May want to focus on programs that don’t have a really heavy emphasis on research, of which there are plenty.

Reactions: 1 user