Should I ask my Executive program director (MD) or the Assistant For a LOR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kape1one

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDN!

Currently, I am studying for the MCAT, and have started working on my apps: PS, ECs, and reaching out to professors. When it comes LOR, I have about three right now, and am a bit torn on the fourth one. So it would be nice to have some inout from you guys. During senior year of undergrad, I used work for a student services program (pre-meds/pre-grad) as an advisor for freshman and sophomores. My role was to help those students with scheduling, scholarships, read over PS, helped them connect to labs, hooked them up with internships, etc.

The program director is an MD that I semi know well, but she is super busy mostly writing grants for the program and working as an ER doctor. On the other hand, the Assistant Program Director is an MPH who I REALLY know well. She knows everything about me, and we have a pretty good relationship. So my question is, should I ask the MD or MPH for a LOR? I feel like the Program Director has more "power", but the Assistant knows me a lot better.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Personally, I think it's more important that your LOR writer knows you well so my vote is to have the assistant program director write the letter.

Reactions: 1 user