Should I be concerned with my DAT scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predent209

Reaction score
I recently took my DAT and I am a little concerned about my PAT and QR scores.
I got a 21AA and 22TS with
PAT: 18
QR: 16
RC: 22
BIO: 23
GC: 22
OC: 21

My stats are 3.8 cGPA and 3.83sGPA with a lot of extracurriculars and volunteering. I
want to be happy about my scores but can't stop thinking about those 2 sections. Do
you guys think that I should be concerned?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I don’t think the scores disqualify you. You shouldn’t worry too much about them. If you apply broadly you should get in.

I recently took my DAT and I am a little concerned about my PAT and QR scores.
I got a 21AA and 22TS with
PAT: 18
QR: 16
RC: 22
BIO: 23
GC: 22
OC: 21

My stats are 3.8 cGPA and 3.75sGPA with a lot of extracurriculars and volunteering. I
want to be happy about my scores but can't stop thinking about those 2 sections. Do
you guys think that I should be concerned?

Since you did well overall, I don't think you should be worried. With those scores, you'll definitely have a good chance of getting into dental school. :)

xoxo

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I’ve heard dental schools couldn’t care less about your QR score. As long as you’re above their minimum DAT score in that section you’ll be fine, just go onto the websites for the schools you’re interested in and look at their minimum DAT score requirement.

Your PAT is about average I think (I think 18 or 17 is average, I forget) so you’re fine there.

In conclusion don’t worry about it, you did well in all the sections that matter the most! Congrats!!!!!

From what I’ve heard dental schools couldn’t care less about your QR score. As long as you’re above their minimum DAT score in that section you’ll be fine, just go onto the websites for the schools you’re interested in and look at their minimum DAT score requirement.

Your PAT is about average I think (I think 18 or 17 is average, I forget) so you’re fine there.

In conclusion don’t worry about it, you did well in all the sections that matter the most! Congrats!!!!!
I've also heard that qr and pat aren't valued as much as the sciences. Hoping that's true

I’m guessing that by just looking at your scores they’ll see that you have enough knowledge in the sciences to be a competitive dental student and ultimately pass the NBDE exams. Everything you need to know for the PAT and QR sections I would assume is not very useful on the NBDE tests.