Should I be concerned?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medstudent257

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Forgive me if this is a really neurotic question, but I haven't received an II invite in a few weeks. I am currently holding two interview invites, one at Creighton and another at WVU, both of which came a few weeks back. Today I got my first rejection from Tulane. I'm wondering if I should start panicking now? Does this indicate that I'm done receiving IIs, and now will receive numerous rejections from the remaining 24 schools. Again, I apologize for being neurotic.

Members don't see this ad.

No, you should be very optimistic, given that you've already received two interview invitations.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

Forgive me if this is a really neurotic question, but I haven't received an II invite in a few weeks. I am currently holding two interview invites, one at Creighton and another at WVU, both of which came a few weeks back. Today I got my first rejection from Tulane. I'm wondering if I should start panicking now? Does this indicate that I'm done receiving IIs, and now will receive numerous rejections from the remaining 24 schools. Again, I apologize for being neurotic.

Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.

Schools stratify the apps as they come in and don't send out IIs merely in chronological order.

The majority of applicants never make it into med school, and of those that do, most have only a single accept.

Hello,

@Goro and @gonnif recommend the following:

000090094.jpg

Valium salt lick also works.

Reactions: 1 user
No, you should be very optimistic, given that you've already received two interview invitations.

I appreciate your encouragement. One thing though, if it's early in the process, why has Tulane has filled up interview slots through January?

I wish I could aha, but I just have this gut feeling that I won't get any more IIs :(

It is August. Most people don't have any interviews yet. You have two. Your cycle is going extremely well. The average matriculant receives 3 II total. 20% of Matriculants receive only one.

Source: https://www.aamc.org/download/450608/data/msq2015report.pdf page 24

Take a deep breath and figure out something you can do to get out of your own head for a while.

Reactions: 1 user
It is August. Most people don't have any interviews yet. You have two. Your cycle is going extremely well. The average matriculant receives 3 II total. 20% of Matriculants receive only one.

Source: https://www.aamc.org/download/450608/data/msq2015report.pdf page 24

Take a deep breath and figure out something you can do to get out of your own head for a while.

I absolutely get what you are saying and know you are right, but at both WVU and Creighton, I was right at their medium MCAT (507). At many other schools, I'm below their median MCAT. Therefore, there's a chance that no other school will accept me because of this.

I absolutely get what you are saying and know you are right, but at both WVU and Creighton, I was right at their medium MCAT (507). At many other schools, I'm below their median MCAT. Therefore, there's a chance that no other school will accept me because of this.

You are somehow convincing yourself that your are failing while you are demonstrably succeeding. It's gonna be fine.

I appreciate your encouragement. One thing though, if it's early in the process, why has Tulane has filled up interview slots through January?
Who knows? But I'll bet that for every school that's sent out interviews until January there's another that's just beginning to send them out. There's still a healthy amount of people who are finishing up their secondaries at this point. If you had posted saying that you didn't have a single interview, I would tell you that you it's totally normal and the people getting August interviews are the really strong applicants. But you have two! You're ahead of the curve. You're 100% fine, I promise.

What makes you think they have filled all
the II slots? They probably haven't because they are most likely still receiving applications. You have two II so that's good. It's pretty much in your hands now so GOOD LUCK!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app