Should I be concerned? :(??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medhacker

We can end world poverty!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I have not followed the recent interview/acceptance trends in the forum, but nonetheless am wondering if I am staying behind in the process. I applied to 3 DO schools and have been complete in the following order:

1) 10/04
2) 10/12
3) 10/12

I was under the impression that about a month afterwards I should be hearing from them. To add more suspense to the matter three MD schools have interviewed me and yet I have not heard from these DO schools. How long are these schools taking to review and holla if they are interested? anyone can shed some light? Thanks.

:confused:

BTW: I am not an august MCATer, do not have off the chart stats and I contacted nova which is one of the schools and only added that my file was under review and could remain as such until march. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

My exp says the longer the wait, the better the chance of acceptance, as more people have to check your file out.

Members don't see this ad :)
dr.z said:
I know it's difficult, but you have to be patient.

Sure, I don't mind being patient after all no news is somewhat good news. However, I wanted to see comparatively how is it going for others who may have applied around the same time.

If most people who applied at similar times and under similar conditions have already had positive replies then I would have enough material to think about :idea:

With that in mind...anyone who was complete around this time and who did not turn in their AACOMAS super early have been called for Interviews at Nycom, Nova or PCOM? thanks

NYCOM starts interviewing Nov 30th and seems to only have gotten to those that applied in June/July. Have yet to hear of August MCATers(would be complete late October) getting interviews.

PCOM start relatively late but seems to be taking at least 1 month to grant interviews. Some August MCATers(would be complete late October) have gotten interviews here.

not sure on NOVA.

If you have MD interviews you should be getting DO interviews.

No flames please.

medhacker said:
Sure, I don't mind being patient after all no news is somewhat good news. However, I wanted to see comparatively how is it going for others who may have applied around the same time.

If most people who applied at similar times and under similar conditions have already had positive replies then I would have enough material to think about :idea:

With that in mind...anyone who was complete around this time and who did not turn in their AACOMAS super early have been called for Interviews at Nycom, Nova or PCOM? thanks

HunterGatherer said:
PCOM start relatively late but seems to be taking at least 1 month to grant interviews. Some August MCATers(would be complete late October) have gotten interviews here.

That's what I'm talking about, do you know who? or thread name?

If you have MD interviews you should be getting DO interviews.

No flames please.

That is my point precisely... :confused:

BTW hunterG where you invited to PCOM-PA or PCOM-GA?

Thanks though!

no need to worry yet....I was an August mcat'er and didn't have my file complete until late November (for no other reason then I didn't know any better aka was a dumba$$)....I recieved all of my interview invites in January and February and everything worked out just fine. To be sure, I would call all 3 schools and make sure that your file is 100 % complete. There's no need to really start worrying until around February in my opinion. Good luck to you.

complete PCOM-PA 10/31. interview invite received via email on 11/9

There are a couple of NYCOM threads with people saying they have interviews and all who responded applied early.

Forget what I said about PCOM-PA starting late. I remembered the Interview Invite thread showing interviews starting in October but that was actually PCOM-GA

medhacker said:
That's what I'm talking about, do you know who? or thread name?

That is my point precisely... :confused:

BTW hunterG where you invited to PCOM-PA or PCOM-GA?

Thanks though!

HunterGatherer said:
complete PCOM-PA 10/31. interview invite received via email on 11/9

There are a couple of NYCOM threads with people saying they have interviews and all who responded applied early.

Forget what I said about PCOM-PA starting late. I remembered the Interview Invite thread showing interviews starting in October but that was actually PCOM-GA

Thanks HunterG

Last bother, if you don't mind, what are your stats? and when was your aacomas transmitted? many thanks this helps.

MH

10/19 my August MCAT grades were transmitted. It was my first time taking the MCAT.

Sci 3.1
other GPA 3.1
MCAT 32M
DO letter

1st 3 semesters of school were fugly.

medhacker said:
Thanks HunterG

Last bother, if you don't mind, what are your stats? and when was your aacomas transmitted? many thanks this helps.

MH

HunterGatherer said:
10/19 my August MCAT grades were transmitted. It was my first time taking the MCAT.

Sci 3.1
other GPA 3.1
MCAT 32M
DO letter

1st 3 semesters of school were fugly.

Thanks HG

PA resident?

My application to PCOM was complete around November 8th. November 22nd I received a phone call saying i'll be receiving an interview. November 28th...damn thanksgiving made it take so long...the confirmation email came.

December 14th is my interview date. I was an august MCATer (2nd time) but took the MCAT last summer (didnt do so hot). I went to the open house in September and met a lot of the admissions staff and told them about my situation. So they wouldnt just discard my application before my new scores came in. GOOD THING I DID DO BETTER! Whew!

Now I just need to rock the interview.

Sigma Nu

A little more data for you...I've applied to seven DO schools, complete 10/31 at five, complete at last two on 11/8

AZCOM was one of these last two (11/8) and the first to invite for interview! Go figure.

Nobody else has bitten yet...

Stats: 1st time MCATer Aug/05 - 30Q
GPA - take a guess (my undergrad had evaluations, no letter grades)
Various healthcare experience - nursing assistant, phlebotomy, massage therapist, hospice volunteer

I am beginning to think I had unrealistic ideas about the length of time it would take to hear about interviews...not days or weeks, but months. :rolleyes:

atrovariousg said:
My exp says the longer the wait, the better the chance of acceptance, as more people have to check your file out.

I like this thought -I feel like Moulder "I want to believe...."

I just got out of my 3rd MD interview and the longer I don't hear from DO schools the more I am beggining to get the feeling I probably won't hear from them this application cycle. I think it has to do with how old my MCAT is. If they never call me I think It's a shame some MD schools will look past that and not DO schools :(

For what it's worth, I notice from the interview invite thread that most folks got invites in August or September, and that (at least according to the thread) the pace seems to have slowed in Oct and Nov.

Speaking from absolutely no experience, it seems reasonable to speculate that invites may start flowing a bit faster again after the Dec. 14th deadline, as already interviewed candidates put down deposits and accept seats. I guess time will tell...

bodymechanic said:
For what it's worth, I notice from the interview invite thread that most folks got invites in August or September, and that (at least according to the thread) the pace seems to have slowed in Oct and Nov.

Speaking from absolutely no experience, it seems reasonable to speculate that invites may start flowing a bit faster again after the Dec. 14th deadline, as already interviewed candidates put down deposits and accept seats. I guess time will tell...

It really depends on the school. OSU-COM didn't even begin interviews until November.

Yeah

Time will tell

Although I am beggining to wonder if my letter from a plastic surgeon DO has any bearing on all this... :laugh:

and then again, time did tell

I just got an email from one DO school saying my appl. had been pulled for an interview and I should be hearing soon about a date :clap: