Should I be concerned?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eamuscatuli

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey eamuscatuli,

You shouldn't worry about anything.

First of all, your stat is good. High Under & Prereq GPA, good gGPA, and good GRE score. Also, your research is a good plus.

Also, don't worry about failing a class in Grad school.

I have a class that I failed twice in Undergrad, and I also worried about it hurting the chance of my admission. Also, my GPA and GRE score is lower than yours, but I received multiple interview invitations from the programs that I applied to.

There are many programs looking the students who are not just academically good, but the students who has true desire, enthusiasm, and passion toward the program and the field of PT. You will not be penalized for failing one class in Grad school.

I am not sure how much observation hours you currently completed, but I would recommend to explore multiple settings (inpatient, outpatient, and others) because programs prefer applicants who has diverse experience rather than many hours on one types of facility.

Oh, another thing. I didn't know this until recently, but make sure to prepare early and apply early!!! I heard it really helps.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Good Luck!!!

Thanks Skayem! I really appreciate the encouragement (though I probably won't feel completely at ease until I'm accepted into a program haha)!

Did you get into one of those programs?

Yeah, I would not worry too much about it. Your academic background seems solid besides that fact. You can always double check with the advisors of schools you're interested in though!