Should i be freaking out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ucla2134

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got AA=22 second time taking the test but a 14 on math. I rather die than taking a test again! But some SDNers pm tell me that a lot of school have cut off. Will they be lenient on math? Should i just apply there anyway even some schools have cut off.

Thanks a lot

Members don't see this ad.

I got AA=22 second time taking the test but a 14 on math. I rather die than taking a test again! But some SDNers pm tell me that a lot of school have cut off. Will they be lenient on math? Should i just apply there anyway even some schools have cut off.
Thanks a lot

It is hard to think of a class in dental school that requires math but it might come in handy with accounts receivable. Make sure you tell them that you had a bad day "mathwise" and that you promise you will hire an accountant for your practice.

Last edited:
It is hard to think of a class in dental school that requires math but it might come in handy with accounts receivable. Make you tell them that you had a bad day "mathwise" and that you promise you will hire an accountant for your practice.

Lol....my sentiments exactly!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think all schools will be the most lenient on math but as far as cutoffs go, I dont know. I've been told by multiple Admissions people that they know QR is almost everyones lowest section and its the last section on the test and you are tired by that time, so I think generally most schools understand that being a stand out number but the cutoffs is something to ask about, I was under the impression that you wont even get consideration if you dont meet their cutoffs.

I think all schools will be the most lenient on math but as far as cutoffs go, I dont know. I've been told by multiple Admissions people that they know QR is almost everyones lowest section and its the last section on the test and you are tired by that time, so I think generally most schools understand that being a stand out number but the cutoffs is something to ask about, I was under the impression that you wont even get consideration if you dont meet their cutoffs.

oh that means my chance decrease???
:(

I think some schools may be lenient...but as for cutoffs, I was under the impression that those were strictly enforced.

I know of a few people in dental school with 14 in the QR section. They got interviews just fine. If the rest of your app is good I would not retake the DAT. A score of 22 is awesome, good job!