1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Should i be stressing

Discussion in 'Pre-Optometry' started by hoops123, Aug 17, 2011.

1. hoops123

Pre-Optometry
    Ok, so i submitted my optomcas on july 28th and am just waiting for my application to be mailed out.
    My cumulative gpa is 3.0 and i wanted to submit my application early because i know that is quite low.
    i was enrolled in 3 classes while i was filling out my optomcas and now those classes have ended and and i did fairly well in them so my cumulative gpa is now a 3.1.
    But i will have to resend my transcripts and because im a Canadian applicant it takes 15 days for them to get it and it will delay my application further. I don't know if its worth going through all of that when my gpa only went from 3.0 to 3.1, I don't know is it really worth it? Am i just being super paranoid? :bang:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. epalacios

epalacios SCO Class of 2016
    2+ Year Member

Optometry Student
    They will want the updated transcript anyway. You will have to send it at some point, especially if they are prerequisite courses.

4. hoops123

Pre-Optometry
    They're just art classes

5. loveopto

Pre-Optometry
    i think its worth it. 3.1 looks better than 3.0 lol. each point counts ;)

6. pieman396

Pre-Optometry
    You should do it, you'll be fine. I had a 3.0 in undergrad and didn't apply until February and still in..