Should I be worried? 2007 ADA test

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by predental012, Jul 23, 2011.

1. predental012

My dat is in less than a week. I just took the 2007 ADA test, and these are my scores:

BIO 21
    GCHEM 19
    OCHEM 28
    PAT 22
    RC 18
    QR 16

TS 22
    AA 20.4

I've heard that this 2007 is much easier than the real one...I'm freaking out. What sections are comparable to the current one and which sections are off?

I'm working on my second time going through Destroyer. I really don't want to reschedule because I feel like I'm starting to get burned out and I might start forgetting things especially for bio. What do you guys think?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. LetsGo2DSchool

Removed 2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Have you taken the 2009 version? That's a good representation from the feedback on the board.

I can't believe how easy the 2007 version is. Why couldn't all of us been born 5 years earlier? So unfair.

4. LaughingGas

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I know. I took the 2007 version, finished everything in 2 hours and got 23 TS lol. oh well life goes on hahahah

5. predental012

Not yet I'm taking that one tomorrow, hopefully I do better after a round of Destroyer tonight. And yea, it was much easier than I was expecting especially in the sciences

6. predental012

So is this a real DAT from 2007 or just a practice type exam that wasn't actually administered? If it's real, then wow...easier questions + lower scores could get you in back then.

7. AlbinoPolarBear

7+ Year Member

Yeah, but the study materials weren't as good back then.

Chad videos didn't exist, plus CDP and DAT destroyer wasn't as popular. My friend took the DAT back in 2007 and all she used was the Kaplan course material. She scored over 22 in every section, except reading.

If you solely relied on Kaplan material now, you would be lucky to break 20 AA, and your PAT would be around 16.

8. predental012

True, Kaplan is definitely not enough now. I'm going to do 2009 tomorrow and then top score each day leading up to my test. Hopefully 2009 is more representative