should i be worried

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

i interviewed 9/22 at pco. i havent heard anythign back. should I be worried

Members don't see this ad.

its only been a week, wait another week. Where else did you interview? Did you apply to the newer schools?

its only been a week, wait another week. Where else did you interview? Did you apply to the newer schools?

just pco. and no.
i'm going to call on monday...to check the status of my app

Members don't see this ad :)
Applying to new schools is a good idea if you have low stats IMO.

You must have worn the wrong pantyhose.

if you stalk my posts that well, you would have known I decided on a pant-suit :p and maybe it wasnt the pantyhose, but the bronchitis i had during my interview after 9 hours of flying and having a fever/chills the night before.

if you stalk my posts that well, you would have known I decided on a pant-suit :p and maybe it wasnt the pantyhose, but the bronchitis i had during my interview after 9 hours of flying and having a fever/chills the night before.
I would just call and check on your status. Most schools were really nice about me doing that when I got a little anxious, and they can let you know what may be causing the delay.

Wait at least another week before you call. It really has not been that long. Also, in your specific case, no news might be good news.

Wait at least another week before you call. It really has not been that long. Also, in your specific case, no news might be good news.

i emailed admissions. no news is never good news. imo.

If you have not heard then they are probably still making a decision- which means you have not been rejected yet. I would say that is a good thing for you.

True.

What did they say?

If you have not heard then they are probably still making a decision- which means you have not been rejected yet. I would say that is a good thing for you.

True.

mm i see. but they meet on every friday?

http://salus.edu/od_traditional/od_application_process.html

"candidates are admitted on a weekly basis"

if that is true why did they say it would be 2 weeks before I heard?

If you are a borderline candidate, then they take two weeks to evaluate your application.

oh i see, i get it. um. yeah I am borderlined, but in the letter they sent me about things that they were missing from my file, they did not mention that they want me to maintain a specific level of gpa/grades or retake the oat. so i guess thats good

and no they did not reply i emailed them sat (today) so I doubt they will reply til monday :p

Members don't see this ad :)
oh i see, i get it. um. yeah I am borderlined, but in the letter they sent me about things that they were missing from my file, they did not mention that they want me to maintain a specific level of gpa/grades or retake the oat. so i guess thats good

and no they did not reply i emailed them sat (today) so I doubt they will reply til monday :p

You will probably get a reply this coming Saturday (assuming you are borderline). You seem like a borderline applicant though.

You will probably get a reply this coming Saturday (assuming you are borderline). You seem like a borderline applicant though.

you mean 10/08? yeah I admitted myself i am borderlined. eek.

As a moderator, I try to read as many posts as I can. Rest assured, I'm not "stalking" your posts. :rolleyes:

mm i see. but they meet on every friday?

http://salus.edu/od_traditional/od_application_process.html

"candidates are admitted on a weekly basis"

if that is true why did they say it would be 2 weeks before I heard?

Like I said in the first post you made about this- rolling admissions does not mean that they have to make a decision in any amount of specific time. They probably tell everyone the same amount of time, and it is really on a case by case basis. If they do not accept you or reject you soon, then you will be waitlisted and compared to everyone who applies after you. Then you may not know until the summer. If I were you, I would be thanking my lucky stars that I had not received a notification of rejection yet with your profile.

They won't tell you to do that unless they actually want you.

They won't tell you to do that unless they actually want you.

good to know. thats what I thought. because i'm border they have to take more time to look at everything, lors, ps, extra currics, interview etc etc

but thats 3 weeks?

It is better to wait 3 weeks total to have them look over your application carefully (to produce a small chance of getting accepted) than have them rush the application reviewing process and reject you sooner. Most of the time, when an applicant is borderline, they usually reject them because they would rather accept good applicants right off the bat than risk accepting an borderline applicant. :xf:

It is better to wait 3 weeks total to have them look over your application carefully (to produce a small chance of getting accepted) than have them rush the application reviewing process and reject you sooner. Most of the time, when an applicant is borderline, they usually reject them because they would rather accept good applicants right off the bat than risk accepting an borderline applicant. :xf:

i doubt they are going to rush if I ask them the status of my app? anyone agree?

i doubt they are going to rush if I ask them the status of my app? anyone agree?

It really is too soon for you to be calling. I would not want to do anything in the mean time to irritate them. When they have made a decision, they will let you know. Until then, try to take a chill pill.

It really is too soon for you to be calling. I would not want to do anything in the mean time to irritate them. When they have made a decision, they will let you know. Until then, try to take a chill pill.

lol wow you must really have a thick skull if you cant read the other posts I made indicating i DID NOT CALL THEM. I emailed asking for the status of my app.

lol wow you must really have a thick skull if you cant read the other posts I made indicating i DID NOT CALL THEM. I emailed asking for the status of my app.

Even if you DID call, you are not badgering the actual committee who is reviewing your application, more than likely you will be interacting with a secretary or other office staff who have no influence of your application. The squeaky wheel gets the grease and all they can tell you is that you are still under review or give you a time frame when you might hear back. It will do nothing but ease your mind and make you less anxious. Good luck and hope they email you back quickly! :)

Even if you DID call, you are not badgering the actual committee who is reviewing your application, more than likely you will be interacting with a secretary or other office staff who have no influence of your application. The squeaky wheel gets the grease and all they can tell you is that you are still under review or give you a time frame when you might hear back. It will do nothing but ease your mind and make you less anxious. Good luck and hope they email you back quickly! :)

thanks that was my thoughts exactly. all i want to know is for them to say, oh yes your app is under review, you should be hearing by "this day" or whatever

You know, I was actually trying to be nice and help you out for once.

I have a thick skull? You are the one that can't read anything anybody says correctly, or spell for that matter. You have got to stop nit-picking everything anybody says. I read that you emailed them, I was simply pointing out that it might be to early if you are still CONSIDERING calling them. My bad, I assumed that you can actually infer the context of what people were trying to say. I will make sure that the next time I spell out every little detail for you.

u-mad-bro.jpg

Sorry to rub it in, but I agree. I interviewed 9/28 and got accepted today which was just over 3 working days. I was actually shocked t hear back so soon, I was expecting to wait at least a week. I don't think annoying the admissions people will help any though. Worse, it could annoy them and leave you in limbo longer. Good luck though :)

Sorry to rub it in, but I agree. I interviewed 9/28 and got accepted today which was just over 3 working days. I was actually shocked t hear back so soon, I was expecting to wait at least a week. I don't think annoying the admissions people will help any though. Worse, it could annoy them and leave you in limbo longer. Good luck though :)

yeah. oh well. cant change it now. plus you have higher stats than me. i got a reply from pco saying my app is still under rview. so they havent rejected yet. if something really stood out at them for rjeection i thougth they would reject sooner.

Last edited by a moderator:
I interviewed at Salus a few days ago and got an email saying their decision would be sent to me within two to three weeks, so you might still be fine