Should I become a certified pharmacy tech?

Started by mjmjoa
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mjmjoa

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does becoming certified help out my resume when I apply to pharmacy schools? I have been working part time at a pharmacy for 3+ years now, I also volunteer at a pharmacy, so do you think it is worth the time/effort/money to get certified or would that look like I'm content with my technician job and am not fully invested in becoming a pharmacist?
 
I don't think it is necessary for you to get certified. Your work and volunteer experience already shows your dedication to the field.