Should I buy books or rent them?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocTAP87

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm about to rent some textbooks but one of the instructors mentioned having a copy of our cardiopulm book is helpful for the NPTE. Is it true that I should be buying all of my textbooks to prepare for the NPTE or do you think renting is okay?

Not often did the instructors even use the textbooks so I haven't felt the need to purchase them, which costs considerably more, but I don't want to end up hurting myself come time to take the license exam.

Thanks for any help.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm about to rent some textbooks but one of the instructors mentioned having a copy of our cardiopulm book is helpful for the NPTE. Is it true that I should be buying all of my textbooks to prepare for the NPTE or do you think renting is okay?

Not often did the instructors even use the textbooks so I haven't felt the need to purchase them, which costs considerably more, but I don't want to end up hurting myself come time to take the license exam.

Thanks for any help.
I have been renting my books, the only book I bought was the atlas for anatomy. If you have good notes keep them and study from those for the NPTE. That's what I plan to do, along with practice tests and such.

Reactions: 1 users
Rent during school and purchase the ones you'd like to use as a reference when you're a new grad/in your clinicals.

I didn't really use any textbooks or notes to prep for the NPTE. I just used my prep book and practice exams. I believe that the majority of my classmates did the same.

Reactions: 1 users
Google knows everything but its nice to have Netter's anatomy on hand to show patients things. Most of the rest won't be current in 10 years.