Should I call or not?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

landakerjenna

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
.I had an interview with a college in Late FEB.. and I have not heard anything back. But people who took interview with me and also who took after me already got their acceptance letter. What should I do.. I have talked to someone there she said they have not send out anything in your name! But should I ask her to give me number of ADCOM or the Person in charge of admission to see whats going on with my application. Or should I just wait?.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd definitely call up the admissions office. Most universities don't take more than 4 weeks to send you a decision. Heck, I called every week to see what was going on! :laugh: Most of the time, they're more than happy to help...until they recognize your voice!

Absolutely you should call. Worst care scenario you didn't get accepted (which is what you are left to assume right now anyways).

Members don't see this ad :)
.I had an interview with a college in Late FEB.. and I have not heard anything back. But people who took interview with me and also who took after me already got their acceptance letter. What should I do.. I have talked to someone there she said they have not send out anything in your name! But should I ask her to give me number of ADCOM or the Person in charge of admission to see whats going on with my application. Or should I just wait?.

If you want in badly enough, definitely ask what your status is. If you were wait listed, it might not be a death sentence. But, if you don't get the call or you were denied call them up and ask what area(s) you were deficient in and what you need to do to fix them. This will show that you are determined and really want it. I know someone that got in this year that applied with me last year. They really cleaned up their act and improved on their PCAT, GPA and interview skills and it got them in.

No harm in calling, man. The worst possible case they confirm your fears....Best case they catch an error and you get an answer you may want to hear.

I wouldn't.

UNM changed their admission policy to waiting until memorial day to let instaters know their acceptance status because of people calling them because they hadn't heard.

I wouldn't.

UNM changed their admission policy to waiting until memorial day to let instaters know their acceptance status because of people calling them because they hadn't heard.

Thank heavens I was an out-of-state applicant.

it would be a different story if you submitted your application in feb. and did not hear about an interview...but if you did indeed interview in feb. and you still have heard nothing...then I would call!!