Feb 18, 2013
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Hello everyone I'm fairly new to this site and I have a big problem on my hands that i need some advice on.

Well first I was going to school to be a Surgical Tech, but then soon after I felt like i wanted to be something more so I transfered schools to go get my degree in science so I could eventually go to Med School and become an Anesthesiologist or Surgeon. After a year and a half I've managed a 3.8 GPA before having to drop out because of transportation, time, and money issues. Not soon after that I got my self into trouble with the law. I had ran from the police because I freaked and got scared because I've never been in trouble my entire life. Although I'm not proud of it, I did what I did.

Now that school is coming around this summer and I want to put everything past me and get the ball rolling. I dont care if I have to start all over again. So my question to you is should I continue? Do I have a chance? Is it even worth it?

Its not not like I'm a bad person. I'm very personable and intelligent. A majority of the people i meet like me.

I just don't want to short my self in life, I want to be more.

Thanks for your help

Jan 29, 2013
Status
Hell yea. If its you like doing it, then why stop? Get back in to it, im sure you have a chance with that 3.8. If you think money is what's holding you back, then try getting a job.

Arijos0222

"The Opportune Moment"
Oct 21, 2012
Hello everyone I'm fairly new to this site and I have a big problem on my hands that i need some advice on.

Well first I was going to school to be a Surgical Tech, but then soon after I felt like i wanted to be something more so I transfered schools to go get my degree in science so I could eventually go to Med School and become an Anesthesiologist or Surgeon. After a year and a half I've managed a 3.8 GPA before having to drop out because of transportation, time, and money issues. Not soon after that I got my self into trouble with the law. I had ran from the police because I freaked and got scared because I've never been in trouble my entire life. Although I'm not proud of it, I did what I did.

Now that school is coming around this summer and I want to put everything past me and get the ball rolling. I dont care if I have to start all over again. So my question to you is should I continue? Do I have a chance? Is it even worth it?

Its not not like I'm a bad person. I'm very personable and intelligent. A majority of the people i meet like me.

I just don't want to short my self in life, I want to be more.

Thanks for your help
I like you already. Thanks for not settling. We need more pioneers in this world. Too many people are settling for a comfortable paycheck and not pushing their boundaries and limits.

You should go for it. Also have you considered any other healthcare professions? Podiatry comes to mind, which is one that you become a Foot and Ankle Surgeon/Physician. I am considering Podiatry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhD2AWiB0kE

Go for your dreams! Try it out :)

Arijos0222

"The Opportune Moment"
Oct 21, 2012
Thanks guys I really appreciate your support.
Please, don't give up. This may sound slightly weird, but I WANT you to succeed. Try to be the best doctor you can be; try your best to become one! You can do it :thumbup:

futuresurgeon00

5+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2012
Status
Dental Student
Please, don't give up. This may sound slightly weird, but I WANT you to succeed. Try to be the best doctor you can be; try your best to become one! You can do it :thumbup:
It sounds totally weird ;b

Don't worry I agree :) Don't settle and try your hardest - (I'm not good with my G.P.A stuff - but 3.8 is good right?)

Arijos0222

"The Opportune Moment"
Oct 21, 2012
It sounds totally weird ;b

Don't worry I agree :) Don't settle and try your hardest - (I'm not good with my G.P.A stuff - but 3.8 is good right?)
Ehhh I figured :rolleyes:

And a 3.8 is really good. I have around a 3.0 but I have ADD so I'm only slightly excused ;)

Aug 12, 2012
Idaho
Status
Pre-Medical
When you say you got in trouble with the law, what exactly do you mean? Do you get a misdemeanor, felony, neither? I know people with misdemeanors who have been accepted to med. schools. Felonies are much more of a pain to get past, but either way, it can be done if you truly want it. You just have to make sure you do everything you can to look like an outstanding candidate otherwise (i.e. volunteer your heart out in a humanitarian setting).

survivordo

Gettin' through it
Jan 18, 2013
www.facebook.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
There are plenty of people in med school with some past trouble with the law. Just be prepared that you will have to report it and explain it every step of the way. The WORST thing you can do is try to hide it they will find out and it will not be pretty.

Survivor DO

Feb 6, 2013
Minneapolis
Status
Pre-Medical
Your posts are hilarious, but welcoming. I really like this advice.

Stay motivated OP and don't let life's hardships bring you down.