Should I delay my AACOMAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1044561

I just signed up for a MCAT retake for 6/27 and was wondering if I should delay the AACOMAS? I am planning to apply to one school on AMCAS to verify my app and then add more schools so they don't screen my first MCAT for secondaries.

My stats are so that's why I'm wondering if I should delay AACOMAS as well. I'd like for schools to see my newest score and I feel like I wouldn't be able to keep up with secondaries if they start coming in on June 15 but delaying another month seems a bit long since AACOMAS isn't pushing anything back and interviews are being given to individuals without MCAT scores.

@Goro @PapaGuava Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't need a retake with a 507 for DO schools! Apply ASAP
I'm mostly retaking to increase my chances for MD schools. Being a CA resident, wouldn't my MCAT still be nothing special for our DO schools though?

I have my LoRs and transcripts already sent to both AMCAS and AACOMAS but still have to wait to receive some other documents. I think I should be able to submit for verification before the end of May.

Do you think being relatively early at CA DO schools will mitigate my low MCAT?

I'm mostly retaking to increase my chances for MD schools. Being a CA resident, wouldn't my MCAT still be nothing special for our DO schools though?

I have my LoRs and transcripts already sent to both AMCAS and AACOMAS but still have to wait to receive some other documents. I think I should be able to submit for verification before the end of May.

Do you think being relatively early at CA DO schools will mitigate my low MCAT?
I believe that with a 507, you're fine for either CA DO school (and all others).

Reactions: 1 user