Should I do a MS at Georgetown?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

plsimanoob

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I just got accepted into the regular MS in Physiology program and was trying to decide whether to take it or just work this year and take some science classes at a local college instead.


Originally applied to the program because I wanted to get better LORs, find research opportunities, have some kind of connection to a Med school near me, and see if I can help offset my low undergrad GPA. The program talks about specifically specifically helping pre-meds be more competitive, but reading other forums and blogs have made me iffy about doing a masters now since a majority call it a waste of time and money.
My stats are :
cGPA: 3.37
sGPA: 3.348
No MCAT yet
Have lots of clinical, volunteer and extracurricular work and am currently working as a scribe to fill out my shadowing requirements.
I am also latino if that matters.

Thanks for any info and help!