Should I do a Post bacc Program, is it worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Teethman9

Reaction score
I was wondering if I should do a post bacc this upcoming year. I have a biology degree with a 3.23 gpa and 3.14 science GPA. I scored a 21 AA, 21TS, 23 PAT on the DAT. I did get interviews and was waitlisted to Touro, NYU, Rutgers, and Midwestern Illinois . I was thinking maybe by GPA is holding me back from getting an acceptance so I want to apply a post bacc to make my gpa more competitive. What are some good post bacc programs preferably in the North East and affordable ones.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Generally speaking, I’d say once you get interviews the school seems you academically qualified for their program and usually once you get to that point it’s a level playing field. So it could have been more so your interviewing skills than your grades. How did you feel about the interviews? What did you do to prep? Have you reached back out to the schools since being waitlisted to show interest or update them?

You got 4 interviews. Not sure when you got them, but you have a shot if you were only waitlisted. What is your state of residence? Mission fit? GPA year by year if you haven't posted a WAMC previously? We have said, trust the process before.

What is left if you did a DIY?

Members don't see this ad :)
Generally speaking, I’d say once you get interviews the school seems you academically qualified for their program and usually once you get to that point it’s a level playing field. So it could have been more so your interviewing skills than your grades. How did you feel about the interviews? What did you do to prep? Have you reached back out to the schools since being waitlisted to show interest or update them?
I didn't think my interview skills were great but also not awful. My interviewers seemed to like me. Some things they said were like "when you get accepted come find me and say hi" another one emailed me after I sent you a thank you letter "Hope to see you in July". I don't think they would've said those things if they didn't like me. Unless they were just being nice lol.

You got 4 interviews. Not sure when you got them, but you have a shot if you were only waitlisted. What is your state of residence? Mission fit? GPA year by year if you haven't posted a WAMC previously? We have said, trust the process before.

What is left if you did a DIY?
I got 3 pre decision and one post decision. Im a NJ resident. My GPA junior year was 3.44 and senior year was 3.97 taking all high level biology courses (biochem, microbio, cell bio, Phys and anatomy) so I do show an upwards trend. That being said do you think there is no reason for a post bacc should save my money and time?

I got 3 pre decision and one post decision. Im a NJ resident. My GPA junior year was 3.44 and senior year was 3.97 taking all high level biology courses (biochem, microbio, cell bio, Phys and anatomy) so I do show an upwards trend. That being said do you think there is no reason for a post bacc should save my money and time?
What were the other year by year GPA’S? You have a better idea of what other upper level biomedical science classes remain. We will see if things work out though. Enough schools didn't seem concerned.