Should I do post-bac?

Started by deleted647643
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted647643

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I am currently a Senior and will be graduating March 2016. My current GPA is 3.28 and my sGPA is about a 3.0. I have yet to take my MCAT since I plan on taking a year or two to work and get some more clinical experience under my belt. As of now, I am considering both MD and DO programs.

First of all, what sort of schools accept students with this sort of GPA and sGPA?

And would doing a post-bac (and doing well) improve my chances of getting into MD programs? For those who have done post-bac's, any recommendations on programs? Are community colleges good resources for this? Have you ever gotten a LOR from your professors in those programs?

Are you able to do that AND work at the same time?
 
read.the.forum.

your questions have been answered tons of time