Should I do the academic update?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

k24u21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I took English and Physics courses during this summer (and I mentioned in AADSAS that I would take these courses during summer), but the grades are not so great (B and B+) and they will bring my GPA down (which is around 3.80). I already got three interview offers (Nova, USC, Detroit), but I am wondering if other schools are waiting until I update my grade (because English and Physics are required). Should I update my grades, even though it will bring down my overall GPA?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I took English and Physics courses during this summer (and I mentioned in AADSAS that I would take these courses during summer), but the grades are not so great (B and B+) and they will bring my GPA down (which is around 3.80). I already got three interview offers (Nova, USC, Detroit), but I am wondering if other schools are waiting until I update my grade (because English and Physics are required). Should I update my grades, even though it will bring down my overall GPA?

You don't have to update your grades if you don't want to. AADSAS instruction says that it is not mandatory to do. I won't participate the academic update thing if it brings down my GPA:) and I don't think other schools are waiting for those specific grades..

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, guys. Does anyone know if Upenn or NYU want their students to do academic updates?

Advisable to do if there's schools you still haven't heard from when the academic update period opens up. Gives them a heads up about your application somewhat.