should i do the VCU post-bac?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

applyinglate

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a virginia resident. For my undergrad: science gpa was a 3.31, undergrad uva (2 years):3.378, w&m (2 years):3.58, and believe i could maybe get 30 on MCAT. Not a good test taker. I will be taking it on July 30th. So for this cycle i am applying late since MCAT scores will not release until early September i guess....is that correct?

Anyway...my question is...do i need to increase my gpa and do a post-bac of some kind? Or take time if I don't get in to work on MCAT, etc.
 
I am a virginia resident. For my undergrad: science gpa was a 3.31, undergrad uva (2 years):3.378, w&m (2 years):3.58, and believe i could maybe get 30 on MCAT. Not a good test taker. I will be taking it on July 30th. So for this cycle i am applying late since MCAT scores will not release until early September i guess....is that correct?

Anyway...my question is...do i need to increase my gpa and do a post-bac of some kind? Or take time if I don't get in to work on MCAT, etc.

I would recommend doing VCU's post-bacc. VCU likes taking people from UVA (who doesn't?) and getting good grades in the program makes a big boost towards getting into VCU Med.
 
It is difficult to say w/o knowledge of your EC's and MCAT score. I think the program at VCU is good and can be helpful but if your MCAT is strong enough you might not need it.