Should I drop just for lab grade?

Started by Chemicals
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Chemicals

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm probably gonna make a C in my biology 102 lab grade, but I will most likely make an A in lecture. How bad does this looks? Would it be worth it to drop the class just for that?

I already made a C in trigonometry previously :/

Btw Im new here, you guys seem to have alot of knowledgable members, that is why I joined 🙂

Thanks again SDN
 
I'm probably gonna make a C in my biology 102 lab grade, but I will most likely make an A in lecture. How bad does this looks? Would it be worth it to drop the class just for that?

I already made a C in trigonometry previously :/

Btw Im new here, you guys seem to have alot of knowledgable members, that is why I joined 🙂

Thanks again SDN

I wouldn't. But that's just me. I suppose it depends on your other grades, ECs, etc. I had some Cs in Biology and lab. If you have a LOT of Cs that's one thing...but I don't think 1 credit hour of a C is going to hurt too bad at all. Especially with an A in the lecture.
 
^ Well that is good to hear 🙂

I have only made one C before in trigonometry

Also I still have over a year more of undergraduate to go so I guess i still have time to show improvement?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's 1 credit hr. I would stick it out. It would be better then having to take an extra lab when your already taking 2 or 3 other labs another semester. Plus bust your butt and you will be fine.
 
No. It's biology 102. If the rest of the OP's grades are good, pharm schools aren't going to use that one class to deny an interview. Besides, biology 102 was pretty useless, IMO, and so far, punnett squares, fruit flies, and dissecting frogs, and classifying shells is not something I am using in pharm school. Gen chem, biochem, Ochem, on the other hand, have been extremely useful.

Of course, in the grand scheme. I was just saying for the specific scenario. It's kind of like high GPA/low PCAT issue in a sense - very reasonable explanations but could come off bad.