Should I drop or keep Physics 2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

himnaejah

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!
I have a question regarding my schedule for this semester. I am currently taking physics 2 right now. But, my problem is that I will be taking DAT within 2 to 3 months at most. As you guys all know, Physics 2 is not part of the DAT, and I was wondering whether it will look bad if i drop the class right and get a W. I know if i study hard enough, i am sure i will be able to get an A, and i got an A for the first sequence. I thought I would be able to get in this year, so I was supposed to take physics 2, but it seems like i dont' have any chance for this year.

I would also like to add other bio classes, such as cell bio and anatomy or physiology which is relevant to DAT. I really want to focus on DAT, but physics is taking a lot of my time and plus the lab is 4 hours, which is freaking long. By the way, I had one more W before this, and this will be the second official W if i drop it. Will this look really bad for adcoms? Has anybody in the same situations?

Members don't see this ad.

if you can't handle both the DAT and physics II at the same time, then withdraw it for the sake of keeping a good GPA. You just need to come up w/ a good explanation for the Ws when you go for dental school interviews. Sometimes you just need to do whatever you can to keep a good GPA and ace the DAT.
Think and do the best for yourself.