Should I drop this class? advice needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rootz90

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok. I am recent CC transfer and this semester is my 2nd semester at the university. I did all myprereqs there and got a 4.0. My 1st semester at uni i got a 4.0 with 2 upper level science classes (biochem and neuroscience) and 2 other electives. This semester Im taking genetics, animal behavior(upper level), a lab and 2 electives. I am doing very well in all my classes except genetics ( I barely pulled out a B+ with the curve, class average was a round a C+). I am upset because there are many kids in my classes who are juggling harder schedule than me and got a better grade than me. I have also NOT been doing well in my quizzes(5 total ,10% of final grade) I bombed the first two. The good thing is that my teacher does a curve at the end in which 20% of the class get A's 10 % B+, 20% B, and the list of C+ and C go on and on and on.. So this in this first test a 73 was a B and 82 was a B+,( I got an 82).

I believe I can pull off at LEAST a C+ or better. I mean one C or C+ will drop my gpa pretty good since this is my only 2nd semester at Uni and I understand that everything will get calculated by AADSAS.

What do you say? this class is a requirement for my degree and there is another teacher teaching it next semester. I should stick with it yeah?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Ok. I am recent CC transfer and this semester is my 2nd semester at the university. I did all myprereqs there and got a 4.0. My 1st semester at uni i got a 4.0 with 2 upper level science classes (biochem and neuroscience) and 2 other electives. This semester Im taking genetics, animal behavior(upper level), a lab and 2 electives. I am doing very well in all my classes except genetics ( I barely pulled out a B+ with the curve, class average was a round a C+). I am upset because there are many kids in my classes who are juggling harder schedule than me and got a better grade than me. I have also NOT been doing well in my quizzes(5 total ,10% of final grade) I bombed the first two. The good thing is that my teacher does a curve at the end in which 20% of the class get A's 10 % B+, 20% B, and the list of C+ and C go on and on and on.. So this in this first test a 73 was a B and 82 was a B+,( I got an 82).

I believe I can pull off at LEAST a C+ or better. I mean one C or C+ will drop my gpa pretty good since this is my only 2nd semester at Uni and I understand that everything will get calculated by AADSAS.

What do you say? this class is a requirement for my degree and there is another teacher teaching it next semester. I should stick with it yeah?

thanks
I wouldn't drop unless you are going to get less than a C+...ideally it would be best to to have no C's on your transcript. It sounds like a B is still easily within reach, so just make sure you study diligently and score the best you can.

Dropping this class wouldn't necessarily be a red flag, but might not look great in your 2nd semester at a university. You will take plenty of more classes that will balance out a bad grade, even if you get a C+, by no means will that significantly affect your application if you continue to maintain your academic success.