Should I drop this class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sitto48

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am currently working on my DIY Postbacc, I am working full time and registered full time for classes. As you can imagine, managing both requires a lot of time management to ensure that I keep up with my classes and study time.

Unfortunately due to Covid, I am the only person in my family that still has a job and I cannot currently quit it to focus on school but this may be a possibility in a month or two. I am taking 4 classes:

Immunology- 400 level
Biochemical Toxicology-400 level
advanced physiology -400 level
Evolution of disease/medicine- 100 level

Do you think I should drop the 100 level course (still early in the semester won't receive w grade) so that I could focus more time on the other more difficult courses, or should I keep a full load of courses to prove that I can handle a full load of science courses?

Thank you for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

If you are struggling already, I recommend dropping it. It’s not worth the damage it can do to your GPA, especially since you’re doing a postbacc which I assume is because of a less than desirable undergrad GPA. Your timeline will show that you were working full time during this semester, so it’s reasonable to take fewer credit hours.

Yes, I am doing the Postbacc for a GPA boost .Thank you. I think I will drop it, it makes more sense for me to focus on efforts to make sure I get straight A's.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rule # 1 of GPA repair: Don't take too heavy of a course load. Its better to take 2 years of 8 credit semesters with a 3.9+ GPA that 1 year of 16 credit classes with a 3.5+ GPA.

Sounds like you're making a good choice - best of luck to you!

Reactions: 2 users
Sounds like a garbage class. Gen Bio 1 should tell you about cells or ecology or something. Will it show up on your transcript?

Reactions: 1 user
Sounds like a garbage class. Gen Bio 1 should tell you about cells or ecology or something. Will it show up on your transcript?
No, it’s early enough in the semester where it doesn’t show up as a W.

It was a garbage class that’s why I dropped it . It would’ve been an easy A but more of a waste of time than any real learning .