Should I drop this class?

Started by sunny1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sunny1

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently signed up for a 1 credit hour, guest speaker-based class. However, there is a mandatory group project (nothing too major, just a presentation and a paper) due at the final exam, which happens to be my estimated due date.

Now, I know women rarely deliver on their actual due date. And if it were a simple final exam, I wouldn't have any qualms about working with the professor to find an alternate time/date.

But since it is a group project and this instructor seems very uptight, I wonder whether I will be a burden to the group, since that last week in general is likely to be difficult for me to find time to meet to review stuff, etc. It's not a challenging class at all; I mostly wanted to take it for the interesting subject matter.

Should I drop it or should I stick it out and see if there's a way to work an arrangement out for the final project/presentation? BTW, I already have the course listed on my AMCAS application as a current course. What would I need to do to change that?

Thanks!
 
Can't really speak to the AMCAS thing, but if there are no complications with that I'd say drop it. If the class isn't enhancing your application (not a science) or isn't required for your degree, I'd say you should clear your plate of all unnecessaries for the wonderful bundle thats coming.

But either way I'd talk to your professor and see what they say. Professor's can seem uptight, but when you talk to them one-on-one they warm up.