Should I drop this class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It is the biology 102 lab (for bio majors, not needed for pharm school)

At my school it is extremely hard (someone with a bio degree from my school said it was his hardest class in all of college)

It is literally consuming my life. It is affecting all my other classes (Study time, I'm taking 17 hours) !!!

I'm so stressed out over it and it is 1 credit hour!!! (its just the lab!!)

I have a mid term practical in it tuesday and a chemistry test wed and I cant decide which is more important!!

Advice??

Members don't see this ad.

I just dropped my Physics II lab last week b/c it was taking over my life and not necessary for my degree or for any of the pharm schools im considering. I'd say do it, I'm glad I did....

Members don't see this ad :)
wow! only 1 credit hour? I don't think it's worth stressing over, especially if it's not needed. Focus on Chem and do well in that!

It is the biology 102 lab (for bio majors, not needed for pharm school)

At my school it is extremely hard (someone with a bio degree from my school said it was his hardest class in all of college)

It is literally consuming my life. It is affecting all my other classes (Study time, I'm taking 17 hours) !!!

I'm so stressed out over it and it is 1 credit hour!!! (its just the lab!!)

I have a mid term practical in it tuesday and a chemistry test wed and I cant decide which is more important!!

Advice??

Just a passing thought, but I have never heard of any pharm school that does not require biology (lect/lab) for sci majors.:confused:

Just a passing thought, but I have never heard of any pharm school that does not require biology (lect/lab) for sci majors.:confused:

It is only for biology majors. For instance if I were just taking the pre reqs I would not be taking it. (I plan on switching to chemistry anyway, which doesn't require this class)

What delano is saying is that MOST pharmacy schools require Biology 1 and 2 for majors as a pre-req. You need to double check with your pharmacy school of interest because I know all the ones I applied to required Bio for majors + lab.

I feel you OP, my 102 Lab was insanely hard and I got a C....studies 3-4 times more for that lab than the lecture....easily got an A in lecture.

Are you able to drop JUST the lab? If so, I'd definitely consider it. In my case, I was unable to drop the lab without dropping lecture.

Slightly off topic....Im in a similar situation this semester. A & P lab requires an unbelievable amount of memorization....Two quizzes PER WEEK. Doesn't leave much time to study for all my other classes, so I'm considering dropping Microbiology. How bad do you guys think that would look? Taking Organic + Lab, A & P + Lab, and Sociology along with it...so it would be 12 hours without Micro + Lab.

I won't decide until I see how I do on the second exam though

What delano is saying is that MOST pharmacy schools require Biology 1 and 2 for majors as a pre-req. You need to double check with your pharmacy school of interest because I know all the ones I applied to required Bio for majors + lab.
University of Minnesota & South Dakota State only require Bio 1 (which is good, since there isn't a Bio 2 class within a 60 mile radius of my house).

I say drop it. I just dropped genetics because I realized it was unnecessary and I'd rather spend that time looking for a job.