Should I E-Submit before DAT scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreDent08

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone...I am taking the DAT for the first time in mid-july, but aadsas received all my transcripts and LORs already. Is it better to E-submit it next week or wait until I take the DAT in July and submit it then? Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone...I am taking the DAT for the first time in mid-july, but aadsas received all my transcripts and LORs already. Is it better to E-submit it next week or wait until I take the DAT in July and submit it then? Thanks!!

E-Submit!!! It takes 6 to 8 weeks for dental schools to receive your application anyways! and by then you'd have your DAT score as well!

alrite...thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
E-Submit!!! It takes 6 to 8 weeks for dental schools to receive your application anyways! and by then you'd have your DAT score as well!
i heard it takes 6-8 weeks for AADSAS to process your application. But after it is done, it only takes a few days for them to send it to the dental schools?

i heard it takes 6-8 weeks for AADSAS to process your application. But after it is done, it only takes a few days for them to send it to the dental schools?

Well yeah! that's what I meant. So by the time dental schools receive your application is gonna be 6-8 weeks! lol

I submitted my application May 26. Today my GPA verified and telling it will take up 2 weeks send to schools. that means less than 4 weeks whole process. I think they are fast this year. Tmdsas(Texas dental schools application center) verified my GPA yesterday and emailed me they mailed my application to the schools. It sucks we Texas residents must fill up 2 applications isn't it? :D

Q: Will AADSAS hold my application if I do not report test scores?

A: No. AADSAS does not hold up the processing of your application if you do not report test scores.

Another question: i understand that if I submit it now they'll process my application right away, so if I enter my DAT score in July on aadsas, they'll resend my updated application again to the same schools? and i won't have to pay a 2nd time do I? Is that how it works? Thanks for the replies.

Another question: i understand that if I submit it now they'll process my application right away, so if I enter my DAT score in July on aadsas, they'll resend my updated application again to the same schools? and i won't have to pay a 2nd time do I? Is that how it works? Thanks for the replies.

ADA will send your DAT score directly to your designated schools! So once you get your score, it will be sent to the schools you're applying right away! Your fee for your DAT would cover up to five schools, and you have to pay I think $25 per additional school!

I think it is 30 per school for the ADA to send DAT scores now? I heard a rumor of that.

oh yea!! that's right, ADA sends my DAT scores directly to the dental schools, but then is it still necessary to enter them on aadsas? if I enter my DAT scores on aadsas in July will they still resend them to the designated schools automatically? Thanks for all your help!!