1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Should I even apply this cycle

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by keyboardwarrior, Sep 3, 2014.

1. keyboardwarrior

keyboardwarrior Membership Revoked
    Removed

Pre-Dental
    I just got done with my DAT (20AA/20TS/23PAT/nothing below 17) and my GPA is on the bad side (3.41 oGPA/3.30 sGPA). I feel like it's a little bit too late for me to apply at this point. The only thing I got going is my GPA trend. I went from around 2.85 overall GPA at the end of my sophomore year and averaged around 4.02 GPA according to AADSAS for my past 5 academic quarters (some A+ in upper div bio classes like molecular bio/immuno). My overall stats aren't that appealing but I went batshi* during the last 2 years of college. Will they even look at that improvement and should I apply at all this cycle? I went to UC San Diego if that helps. Thank you so much in advance,

and please ignore the keyboardwarrior name - I'm very friendly :D

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. BabyShades

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    If you want to get into dental school this year. I would apply.

4. 2THDDS

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    if you have LORs and personal statement ready, I think you still stand a good chance.
    Pretty much identical GPA as I, but you've been showing improvements, so I think they will look favorably upon that.

DAT seems pretty solid too!