1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Should I even apply this cycle

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by keyboardwarrior, Sep 3, 2014.

1. keyboardwarrior

keyboardwarrior Membership Revoked
    Removed

Pre-Dental
    I just got done with my DAT (20AA/20TS/23PAT/nothing below 17) and my GPA is on the bad side (3.41 oGPA/3.30 sGPA). I feel like it's a little bit too late for me to apply at this point. The only thing I got going is my GPA trend. I went from around 2.85 overall GPA at the end of my sophomore year and averaged around 4.02 GPA according to AADSAS for my past 5 academic quarters (some A+ in upper div bio classes like molecular bio/immuno). My overall stats aren't that appealing but I went batshi* during the last 2 years of college. Will they even look at that improvement and should I apply at all this cycle? I went to UC San Diego if that helps. Thank you so much in advance,

and please ignore the keyboardwarrior name - I'm very friendly :D

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. BabyShades

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    If you want to get into dental school this year. I would apply.

4. 2THDDS

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    if you have LORs and personal statement ready, I think you still stand a good chance.
    Pretty much identical GPA as I, but you've been showing improvements, so I think they will look favorably upon that.

DAT seems pretty solid too!