Should I even consider Pharmacy?? Pls Read..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

billabb84

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's up everyone? I am brand new at this website, and I have just decided to do pharmacy as a profession like 1 yr ago. The problem that I am having and reason for this post is. I am wondering about the how the background check is. What?? What do I mean?? Well truthfully, how the saying goes, "wrong place at the wrong time"..I was at a wrong place at the wrong time and cops got involved... It was horrible.. but everything has been resolved and my case is sealed.. I am wondering about the question when they ask you if you have been charged with a felony... well, my case has been sealed but I did have to do probation. =( yeah, I know that its horrible and I should have not been there but I don't have a time machine to jump in and fix my mistakes.. So.. the concern that I have is.. that because I had a case and I was NOT convicted of any crime but did probation. Would I be a candidate for pharmacy school? If I have a good Pcat score 80+ and good score, and good gpa.. would I be considered...?? Has anyone gone through something similar to this?? Or does anyone know any inside to this situation..?? Please help, any comment would be well appreciated.. so again.. Should I even study for the pcat and try to get a good score.. or I don't have a shot what so ever!!

Thanks in advace.. once again, any comments and suggestions will be well appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I think it's advisable that you tell them what happened and explain yourself. I was told by a department dean that if you don't tell them about your past, when you start pharmacy school, start your rotations, and they find that you cannot register to start your rotations due to a previous problem with the law, it will not be good. You might have to rescind your pharmacy school years if you cannot start rotations.

So, when you say sealed that means it's been wiped off your record? I think it's best to call and ask. I haven't gone through this situation before, but I am just giving my advice based on the information I'm given from the department dean. I hope the best for you.

OF course study for the PCAT!!! Don't lose hope, if you are remorseful and you understand what happened and you won't repeat it again, I'm sure you'll get a second chance. Just redeem yourself with high grades, great PCAT scores, and dedicate yourself to community service.

I think it's advisable that you tell them what happened and explain yourself. I was told by a department dean that if you don't tell them about your past, when you start pharmacy school, start your rotations, and they find that you cannot register to start your rotations due to a previous problem with the law, it will not be good. You might have to rescind your pharmacy school years if you cannot start rotations.

So, when you say sealed that means it's been wiped off your record? I think it's best to call and ask. I haven't gone through this situation before, but I am just giving my advice based on the information I'm given from the department dean. I hope the best for you.

OF course study for the PCAT!!! Don't lose hope, if you are remorseful and you understand what happened and you won't repeat it again, I'm sure you'll get a second chance. Just redeem yourself with high grades, great PCAT scores, and dedicate yourself to community service.

Thanks for your input. Yeah, it has been wiped off. If you search for my record, you will not be able to find it. I think you are correct, I should call the school and find out from there what they think about the situation. Thanks again for input.

Most supplemental applications will as you if you've been charged with a felony or misdemeanor, etc... They give you the opportunity to explain the situation and if you do end up applying down the road you really need to stress what you've learned and how you've changed from that experience. I'm sure it won't look great on your application, but they don't put those text boxes there if they don't read it right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Why not mention what mention what happened in your arrest? Decking 3 cops while pissing on a dead hooker's body versus arrested for criminal speeding, would be the biggest factor of whether or not they'd take you.

^ lol. Ya honestly though, your motivation up to the point of getting a good GPA and PCAT along with involvement in the community would easily show you're not that kind of person; EDIT not saying you were.... and to add, lol why would they ask "have you beened charged with a felony" DURING the interview

You need to research this but I believe the purpose of sealing juvenile records is so you do get a clean start and you are NOT obligated to answer felony questions in the affirmative. I could be wrong on this so please thoroughly investigate this.