Should I Explain a NP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PolarBear21

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys, so unfortunately my freshman year first quarter I overslept and missed one of my finals in a remedial math class and got a NP. I took calculus next quarter anyway and got a B+ and I passed my entire series.

I was wondering because there is a section in UOP's app that has you explain any extrenuating circumstances on your application and I was wondering if I should mention the NP or if I should just leave it alone. I heard I shouldn't admit to oversleeping because it'll make me look worse but I'm not sure how to exacly handle this situation. Its the only NP or anything less than a C+ I have ever gotten in college.

Can anyone offer advice?

Thanks
 
anyone?

Becuase i'm wondering if I should just not mention it at all