Oct 17, 2010
Status
I have 9 W's and 6 NC. My GPA is 3.5. I know that is really terrible. Should I just give up on applying to dental schools? =(

OP
D
Oct 17, 2010
Status
Thanks, I have like 5 more classes for the prerequisites and I don't know if I should try to finish them while working on my biology degree or I should do something else...:(

hoylematt

10+ Year Member
Nov 23, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
do as your name suggests
Made me Lol.

Dude if this is your dream, find out what it takes to overcome what you feel are weaknesses in your application. We all look at ourselves on paper and feel we are not good enough. At those times, learn to put just as many good things down on paper to match the blemishes. If you don't have enough to match, get working brother!

I think if you want to be a dentist you can be--just takes a lot of effort from here on out

Mar 26, 2010
Kentucky
Status
Pre-Dental
I would reference all the advice you received in your previous thread. At least you don't have 14 like you were intending on having. If you have a really good explanation and a really good DAT score with TONS of shadow hours you have a shot.

minotaur9

minotaur9
Jun 5, 2009
Rochester
Status
Pre-Dental
why would you give up so easily....? Are you sure this is what you really want to do? It's only going to get tougher from this point, how are you going to stay motivated in the long run? You need to familiarize yourself with that stats of dental school applicants. Look on predents.com. A 3.5 is prefect, right in the middle, as long as your DAT score matches up the same or better. You need to work on your ambition and perseverance, not to be mean, but that's why you have so many W's and NC's.

Rainee

7+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2010
Status
I have 9 W's and 6 NC. My GPA is 3.5. I know that is really terrible. Should I just give up on applying to dental schools? =(
Call the dental schools and ask what you should do. 9 W's/6NC shows that you give up when the going gets tough-unless you have a medical condition or something.

Sep 13, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
I would not give up if I were u...as a matter of fact my GPA is far worse than urs but I don't want anyone on this damn earth telling me that I can't pursue what I want to.....Only u know what ur personal situation was..if u can explain that in a professional way , u sure will have chances.....

Reactions: BeDen