Should I give up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gegogi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My application was complete on Aug, and I took DAT on 9/13 and got around solid 17~20. My gpa is also solid around 3.5 However, no interviews yet.
I am also a citizen...should I give up? I think most of my application was all completed around mid October....b/c I submitted secondary applications somewhat late...And my DAT scores are not sent by today in some dental schools...I don't think I will get any interview by November....:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

My application was complete on Aug, and I took DAT on 9/13 and got around solid 17~20. My gpa is also solid around 3.5 However, no interviews yet.
I am also a citizen...should I give up? I think most of my application was all completed around mid October....b/c I submitted secondary applications somewhat late...And my DAT scores are not sent by today in some dental schools...I don't think I will get any interview by November....:confused:

You took DAT on 9/13 and some schools haven't received your scores yet? You gotta do better than that in order to get an interview.
Call ADA to find out what happened. If they can't answer, call each school. You are only one of thousands of applicants to dental schools. Don't wait till the schools contact you.

I am also a citizen...should I give up? I think most of my application was all completed around mid October....b/c I submitted secondary applicati somewhat late...And my DAT scores are not sent by today in some dental schools...I don't think I will get any interview by November....:confused:

My friend, never give up, maybe too late for November, but better later than never. If it makes you feel better, you sound just like me. I finished my application late July, and I took the DAT on early September (probably just a few days before you) and my overall Average was like 18. My GPA is 3.4 something. Proud citizen here too, and guess what, I got a couple of interviews. One next week and the other early December. I still hope that I gonna have at least a couple more interviews (probably January) just to have more options. So if someone like me got an interview, I think you should keep your head up and don't give up. Alright, peace out.

Members don't see this ad :)
i am the same boat as you took DAT spet 15th ( see my predents profile) i am still waiting to get my first interview... but i applied to big schools so it might take a while.

You'll have to wait the same amount of time as we all did. If you application if completed mid october, why would it be done 3 weeks after? You have a 4-6 week wait. Also, imagine how many individuals submitted before you and are on that pile.

Cannot give up hopes, but have to realize where your application probably sits.

I would say if you want to be a dentist just keep plugging along. If you dont get in this cycle look at ways that you can improve your application and work for the improvements (additional course work, DAT retake, etc.). This is my second time around and this year has been tough but at the same time dentistry is what I want to do for the remainder of my life. 1 year is a small price to pay.