Should i go for Nova interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rupkaur

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hey guys,
thx for answering my questions before. I got a call yesterday from Nova for interview. I am a california resident and want to live here; however, i didn't hear anything back from CA schools. I already accepted to NYU, and don't have any expectations from CA schools sofar. Does anyone know is nova interviewing for alternate seats or regular seats right now. Is it worth of going there because i heard that Nova is a great school. Would anyone compare nova to NYU like which one is better school in what prospectives.
Thx in advance.

Djapprentice

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
thx for answering my questions before. I got a call yesterday from Nova for interview. I am a california resident and want to live here; however, i didn't hear anything back from CA schools. I already accepted to NYU, and don't have any expectations from CA schools sofar. Does anyone know is nova interviewing for alternate seats or regular seats right now. Is it worth of going there because i heard that Nova is a great school. Would anyone compare nova to NYU like which one is better school in what prospectives.
Thx in advance.

Congrats on the interview rupkaur, I don't think it can hurt going to it. Maybe you'll like it, its always good to have options.

keibee82

Blue_tooth...
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would definitely go check out Nova before making any decision
between those two schools. I've heard alot of good things about Nova too.

djeffreyt

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd go. Make a short vacation out of it as it is Florida, that way, even if you don't get in, you got to spend some time in Fort Lauderdale. But in comparison, I think Nova is nice (can't toally compare since I didn't check out NYU). Both are in great towns, but I think Nova has newer equipment and a beautiful campus. The people I met at Nova were very nice, and fun.

pmantz

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Go to Nova Ft. Lauderdale is beutiful, I didn't get accepted but I would have definately given serious consideration. Depending on where you are in CA, the cost of living will be more affordable then CA and definately more affordable then NY. Good Luck you probaly will be interviewing for an actual spot. Good Luck

Fuji

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I declined mine. Nova doesn't have the patient base that other schools do. I'll take a run-down clinic in the heart of the ghetto over a rich retirement community if it means more patients.

pmantz

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I declined mine. Nova doesn't have the patient base that other schools do. I'll take a run-down clinic in the heart of the ghetto over a rich retirement community if it means more patients.

This is a stereotypic view of southeastern Fl, there are poor people everywhere. When I interviewed there it wasn't right next to a ritzty retirement condo development. Ft. Lauderdale is just a 20 minute bus ride from Miami. There was a long waitlist at the Nova clinic, and I am sure just about every school has a deep patient pool.

rupkaur

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a stereotypic view of southeastern Fl, there are poor people everywhere. When I interviewed there it wasn't right next to a ritzty retirement condo development. Ft. Lauderdale is just a 20 minute bus ride from Miami. There was a long waitlist at the Nova clinic, and I am sure just about every school has a deep patient pool.

Thx for ur encouraging responses..I am going to NOVA now...thx again.

Faraaz23

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
[ignore this post, wrong forum]

cuneatus2

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Yo

ufsucks

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
you will LOVE Nova!! One of my best friends is from LA and he came down to Ft. Lauderdale and loved it. It actually has a similar feel to it... and of course, nice weather! go for it...