Should I go to Brown PLME??????????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alipotato

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got accepted to Brown PLME. I think it will be a good experience. I want to concentrate in studio art and RISD is right around the corner
:D ......BUT, i heard Brown med isn't too hot. :mad: Also, i'm on the waiting lists at Harvard and Columbia, and i know i have a decent chance at getting into columbia (I have several good connections that I saved in case of this) and also harvard (if a spot opens up). Should I go to PLME? I don't think i can give up PLME even if I get into columbia. should I bother with trying to get off the wait-list at columbia? Please, help me!!!!!!! :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Why don't you just see what happens with the waitlists to know whether or not you even have an option?

I think that you should go wherever you believe you will be happiest and whichever school will offer the best environment for you. Also-it might not be a bad idea to consider hypothetical options at this point. Gower suggests that you decide ahead of time, since in the end, if the option opens up you will be given a very short amount of time to decide anyway. I guess making the decision now could make a possible decision in the future easier. Unless of course you feel like deep down you know the answer, but youre too afraid to admit it to yourself, and the answer will be obvious to you if youre actually confronted with the decision. Goodluck..it sounds like youre in a winning position already.

Members don't see this ad :)
Every PLME student I knew when I was at Brown except for one left the program. Many left medicine completely, because they realized they didn't know themselves when they were 18 years old as well as they thought they did. Many also felt like they wanted a change of scenery for med school, and there are many great med schools out there. Also, there is so much to learn about LIFE both during college and between college and med school, that several decided they did not want to go directly to med school from college. If you're qualified enough now to be accepted to the PLME program, you'll definitely get into med school later. I wouldn't make a decision now about whether or not you want to stay at Brown for med school. But, if you want to enjoy all Brown has to offer its undergrads, go for it! It's a great place in many ways.

thanks for your suggestions.